Kenosha Oil Change Service
The Best Oil Change is an Appointment Away – Visit Dave’s Today!
Schedule your next oil change at Dave’s in Kenosha. Our local mechanics provide first-rate auto maintenance services that are reasonably priced and fit the needs of your specific vehicle. During a full-service oil change at Dave’s, we will:
- Drain & refill your vehicle’s motor oil
- Replace the oil filter
- Check the air filter & replace if necessary
- Check & refill fluid levels (coolant, power steering fluid, washer fluid, etc.)
- Fill the tires to the correct PSI
- Test your battery
- Check the serpentine belt
- Check the wiper blades
- Check the exterior lights to ensure all are working
If any of the above parts are worn or damaged and need to be replaced, we’ll let you know. We also recommend having your tires rotated with every oil change to help them wear more evenly and last longer.
The Importance of Regular Oil Changes & Car Maintenance
Changing the oil in your vehicle is one of the most important maintenance responsibilities a car owner undertakes. Clean oil helps your engine perform better and go further. While it’s an easy task to ignore, your vehicle and wallet will be better off if you care for your car or truck as recommended by your owner’s manual; and that includes regular oil changes.
If you’re driving an older car that uses conventional oil, it’s recommended you have it drained and refilled every 3,000 miles. Synthetic oil, on the other hand, is used in all vehicles manufactured after 2013 and allows you to go at least 5,000 – 7,500 miles in between oil changes.
Why Keep Up With Regular Oil Changes:
- Oil undergoes thermal breakdown due to high operating temperatures. When this occurs, the oil becomes less effective as a lubricant, and without a good lubricant parts of the engine rub together and wear each other out.
- Oil also contains additives that have the ability to neutralize acids. Over time, these additives get used up and stop being effective.
- Oil can absorb water, dust, and combustion byproducts; eventually the oil gets saturated with the stuff and can’t absorb any more. Then the particles remain in the engine and can cause corrosion.
Conventional Oil vs Synthetic Oil
Is your oil light on? Then it’s time to bring your vehicle into our Kenosha auto maintenance shop, but what oil is better – synthetic or conventional? While conventional oil is considered “evil” because it’s derived from petroleum, synthetics are unfortunately formed by chemicals that are no less harmful to the environment – but there’s still a big difference between them. Synthetics can last as much as three times longer than conventional oil, which means you could be dumping less than 15 to 24 quarts of oil per year. Synthetics have also been shown to produce less resistance in the engine and therefore offer more horsepower and overall efficiency. This added horsepower in return means the engine can perform at the same level as before, but using slightly less gas. In general, more performance oriented vehicles require synthetic because of the high heat that builds in these type of engines, whereas conventional engines don’t require anything special. Even though synthetics may last longer they can be twice the price of conventional oil changes, so if you’re still stumped on which to choose, your best option is to reference your owner’s manual.
Contact Dave’s Muffler today for the best oil change services and vehicle maintenance in Kenosha.