Kenosha Oil Change Service
Auto maintenance is the most effective way to ensure your vehicle is safe and lasts as long as possible. Changing your engine oil is one maintenance task that should not be neglected or ignored. If you’re in the Kenosha area, trust Dave’s American Discount Muffler for your next oil change. Our mechanics provide first-rate, reasonably priced services that meet the specific needs of your car or truck. We never cut corners on auto care because we understand your vehicle’s importance and want to help your investment go further. If you’re interested in getting a quote or scheduling an appointment, call us at 262-656-1017.
During a full-service oil change at Dave’s, we will:
- Drain & refill your vehicle’s motor oil
- Replace the oil filter
- Check the air filter & replace if necessary
- Check & refill fluid levels (coolant, power steering fluid, washer fluid, etc.)
- Fill the tires to the correct PSI
- Test your battery
- Check the serpentine belt
- Check the wiper blades
- Check the exterior lights to ensure all are working
If any of the above parts are worn or damaged and need to be replaced, we’ll let you know. We also recommend having your tires rotated with every oil change to help them wear more evenly and last longer.
Getting Your Oil Changed is Essential for Engine Care
Changing the oil in your vehicle is one of the most important maintenance responsibilities a car owner undertakes – we can’t stress this fact enough. Clean oil helps your engine perform better and keeps your car on the road for more miles. Your vehicle and wallet will benefit if you care for your car or truck as recommended by your owner’s manual, and that includes regular oil changes.
If you’re driving an older car that uses conventional oil, you should have it drained and refilled every 3,000 miles. Synthetic oil is used in all vehicles manufactured after 2013 and allows you to go at least 5,000 – 7,500 miles between oil changes.
Why Keep Up With Regular Oil Changes:
- Oil undergoes thermal breakdown due to high operating temperatures. When this occurs, the oil becomes less effective as a lubricant, and without a good lubricant, parts of the engine rub together and wear each other out.
- Oil also contains additives that can neutralize acids. Over time, these additives get used up and stop being effective.
- Oil can absorb water, dust, and combustion byproducts; eventually, the oil gets saturated with the stuff and can’t absorb any more. Then the particles remain in the engine and can cause corrosion.
Is your oil light on? Bring your vehicle to our Kenosha Auto Shop as soon as possible.
Conventional Oil vs Synthetic Oil
Which oil is better for your vehicle – synthetic or conventional? While conventional oil is considered “evil” because it’s derived from petroleum, synthetics are unfortunately formed by chemicals that are no less harmful to the environment – but there’s still a big difference between them. Synthetics can last as much as three times longer than conventional oil, which means you could be dumping less than 15 to 24 quarts of oil per year. Synthetics have also been shown to produce less resistance in the engine and offer more horsepower and overall efficiency. In return, this added horsepower means the engine can perform at the same level as before while using slightly less gas. In general, performance-oriented vehicles require synthetic oil because of the heat that builds up in their engines, whereas conventional engines don’t need anything special. Even though synthetics may last longer, they can be twice the price of conventional oil changes. If you’re still stumped on which oil to choose, your best option is to reference your owner’s manual.
Contact Dave’s Muffler today for the best oil change services and vehicle maintenance in Kenosha.